Club Penguin Forums - Plaza Penguins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchRegisterLatest imagesLog in

How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rdonaldson70
Secret Agent
Secret Agent
rdonaldson70

Number of posts : 109

How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet Empty
PostSubject: How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet   How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:02 am

This guide will give you some tips on how you can keep safe while on the computer.

Never Show Pictures Of Yourself On The Internet.

Why:
Lost of people on the forum do this here. I'm not saying you shouldn't but it is much safer to not do this. Doing it gives people an idea of what you look like.

How to prevent this:
Just don't give your anyone pictures of yourself. Keep them hidden.

Danger level:
6/10

Never Give Away Contacts

Why:
Mobile number, Home number, your address and sometimes your name can be very dangerous. If there was someone on the forum pretending to be your age and asking for your name and address you could be in serious danger. You may give away the country as this is not harmful but giving away anything else is.

How to prevent this:
Once again, try not to tell anyone. Even if they are really nice to them and they are nice to you.

Danger Level:
9/10

Never Give Away Personal Information

Why:
This is name and age. Giving this away may allow people to know how old you are and let people know whether to meet you or not. Like I said, if there is a 40 yr old acting as a 14 yr old and asks for your age is it dangerous.

How to Prevent this:
Don't let your name be shown. Never use your name as your username and never show your age. Keep it hidden.

Danger Level:
7/10

Use A Symbol As An Avatar or Signature.

Why:
This may let people see you as a character and not a real person as you may get if you use a picture of yourself. I , for example use Slash, and so some people may see me as him. Pjtush is a good example.

How to prevent this:
Like I said, try to use a character or a symbol.

Danger Level:
4/10

-------------------------------------------------

If you have any more to share that you think will help please post a reply with your idea.
New Penguin
New Penguin
Webkinzblue

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet   How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 am

Those are great tips!
Back to top Go down
rdonaldson70
Secret Agent
Secret Agent
rdonaldson70

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet   How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.plazapenguins.com
Blueskid1
Rookie Penguin
Rookie Penguin
Blueskid1

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet   How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 11:17 am

Many people post my real life photo in internet. (I am not joking) I can founded in wikipedia
Back to top Go down
http://clubpenguinisland.co.cc
Peter
Rookie Penguin
Rookie Penguin

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet   How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I have another one.

Don't go to any scam or bad websites. They give out dangerous cookie files. (Not the eating cookie, the history cookie.) Some could give out cookies that could be giving out viruses including keyloggers. Keyloggers could track your every move and your passwords in games. Keyloggers could also find out your credit card number, etc.

Dangerous : 7/10

Thanks for the tips, rdonaldson70!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet   How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Keep Your Identity Safe On The Internet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Forums - Plaza Penguins :: Off Topic :: General Chat-
Jump to: